Reasons to visit
A unique and engaging experience for anyone with an interest in Dutch fashion, folklore and cultural history.
- Discover a unique collection of traditional costumes from all the regions of Holland.
See how the fishermen’s villages created their own identity with special codes in the costumes.
- Discover the worldwide influences in the costumes brought by the Dutch East India Company (VOC) in 17th century.
- Admire our magnificent canal house, it’s part of a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy Dutch tastings with several special Dutch drinks and (home-made) bites in our kitchen.
- Visit our museum shop, with a broad selection of original costume pieces, books, folk and chintz fabrics and special gifts.
- Join the weekly masterclasses of the listed cultural heritage: ‘Staphorster Stipwerk’ a paint dotting technique originated in Staphorst.
If you already visited our museum, can you think of more reasons? Please share them with us by leaving a comment below!